Every day you learn something. Knowledge is not all book smart. It can be anywhere from gossip(not always good) to being a good friend. No matter what you take it all in and learn from it. Here are some things I have learned.
Followers
About Me
- Rosey
- I don't know why I decided to write this blog but I did. And I will write about random things and things worth learning from.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Stepping into her shoes
Earlier today my mom and I were driving home and got into a discussion over religion and how it affects our daily life. We talked about the overall views of religion in our town. I got upset with her for expressing her views and I admit I was wrong to jump all over her. I didn't look at how she thinks of things. I didn't see how she looks and views religion. For a long while I acted like a close minded preacher. I thought I was right and she was wrong; as I do a lot. After closing my mouth and listening to her I realized that maybe I was wrong. I listened with both ears and tried to think of myself in her place. It's hard to do that but I succeeded and I know that I LEARNED something. I'm not always right and other people go through hard times too. I have to remind myself that more than twice a day everyday. I'm learning to "step into the other persons shoes".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice. A very important lesson in becoming an empathetic human being.
ReplyDelete